Week#14 (2 weeks back) when I weighed in I was status-quo,no loss no gain. This to me was a surprise since I had already modified the plan as discussed in my last post. But then again I hadnt given myself enough time I think. I really,really wanted to reach my 10% goal before the BIG vacation.Not that it matters much,but its a huge boost of self-esteem and your ego. Plus,I was only 1.2 lbs away,thats not huge.
That weekend I was craving seafood, so we had scrumptous dinner at Joes Crab Shack,one of our favorite. What a way to start a week,I thought.Come Monday I was back on my gym plan change and a new salad and soup lunch.Middle of the week I couldn’t make it to the gym for some reason or other. In addition to that I enjoyed slices of a nice banana nut bread and sweet sheera on couple of nights. There was no way this week was going to work.
Oh well, I never miss my weigh-ins. I havent in the past 16 weeks. And I was not going to miss out this weeks one just because I slacked. So I weigh in and holy-canoli- I am down 3 lbs!!! That 10% and more. I was ecstatic to have made my 10% goal. I wanted to shout at the top of my lungs and dance around town.At WW they treat you with a neat key chain as your prize. And your name is up on the wall-of-fame.:))
For those reading (and my future reference).Here is the summary
Total Loss: 17.8 lbs
DH was surprised too.Because in his books, I had been “bad” this week. But hey you never know,when or how your body works. How it gets out of that plateau. One thing I have realized is, if you think you are workig hard on weight loss but the dont see the numbers , SHAKE IT UP!! Make whatever changes you can to shake it up, be it lifestyle,activity,food,mood,stress.
For me this is not the end though. I think I am only half way there. When I get back from my vacation, hopefully not with a major weight gain, I am plan to set up new goals for myself. This vacation will be a huge test for me. No regular gym. No pre planned lunch and dinner. It worries me, but I know I will be fine, I have tremendous support from my family.I couldnt have done this without the sacrifice and support of my dearest husband.
Okie so this week’s recipe is a typical American meal we had one weekend nights. Oven-Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes,Grilled Asparagus and Biscuits. Simply southern. Here’s the twist, the chicken is oven fried instead of deep friend aka HEALTHY!! I modified the recipe I found in a weight watchers booklet. (The mashed potatoes and biscuits were store bought)
Southern-Style Oven Fried Chicken
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt(thinned down with water)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp cayenne pepper or red chilli powder or sriracha sauce)
1tsp garlic powder
1 cup breadcrumbs (store bought)(I used italian style)
1 cup any crispy cereal (ground coarse)
- Trim the fat from the chicken breasts and pound the breasts thin.
- Next marinate the chicken in buttermilk, dijon mustard, chilli powder,salt and pepper .Let it sit int he refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine ground cereal flakes, breadcrumbs, red chilli powder and salt in a shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the crumbs mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken.
- Arrange the chicken onto the baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 30 to 45 minute.
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes,grilled veggies and warm biscuits!
Servings: 4 (half of chicken breast=4 oz pieces)
Points : 5 per serving (approx.)
- I defrost the chicken in ziploc bags so they are easier to pound and thin down. Then I marinate them in the same bag.
- You could use egg subsitute or eggs if you prefer as a binding agent. Just dip the chicken in the egg subsititue first and then dredge in the crumbs.
- I used Fiber One Honey Clusters and they lended a sweet flavor.It wasnt bad,DH liked it too.But I would prefer to just use regular bran or corn flakes next time.